1. What is the raw material used to produce Eurapipe Duraflo ABS system?abs
Eurapipe Duraflo ABS system is made from specially formulated ABS resin for pressure pipe and fitting applications. The complete system is made from the same type of resin. The resin is classified as MRS 160 according ISO 9080.
2. What is dimension of the Eurapipe Duraflo ABS pipe?
The dimension of the pipes are as per the below table.
|DN (Diameter Nominal)||Nominal Pipe Size in Inches||OD (Outside Diameter) in mm|
3. What PN rating does Eurapipe Duraflo ABS offer?
Eurapipe Duraflo ABS We offered pipe from PN 6 to PN 20
4. What does PN stands for, and what does it mean to be PN-16, PN-12 or PN-20??
PN stands for Nominal Pressure, it is numerical designation used for reference purpose related to mechanical characteristics of the component of a piping system. A PN-25 Pipe mean the pipe can withstand pressure Up to 25 bars.
5. What is the difference between PN 20 and PN 25 pipes due to the application areas?
Life span of PN 25 is longer than PN 20 pipes under the same temperatures and pressure conditions. Especially for the exposed installations, as the expansion of PN 25 pipes are 1/5 of PN 20 pipes, sagging and snaking problems are avoided.
6. What is the Standard length of the Eurapipe Duraflo ABS?
The pipe is available from 5.8 meter and 11.6 meter.
7. Are any special marks visible on Eurapipe Duraflo ABS?
Eurapipe Duraflo ABS pipe has marks all of its pipes with the following:
- Eurapipe or Logo
- SIRIM certification
- SIRIM license number
- Standards conformance and year of the standard
- Nominal size and Pn rating
- Manufacture date and time
- Type of material
For Eurapipe Duraflo ABS Fitting:
- Eurapipe or Logo
- Standards conformance and year of the standard
- Manufacture date
- Type of material
8. Are Eurapipe Duraflo ABS pipes UV resistant?
Eurapipe Duraflo ABS pipes and fitting manufactured are using specially formulated UV resin resistance components. Over a period of time, the external layer of pipe where it is expose to sunlight will suffer some color degradation (Surface discolouration occurs only to a depth of 25μm). However, for better resistance to UV, we recommend the end user to apply an additional layer of water based paint or Acrylic paints.
9. What is the shelf life of Eurapipe solvent cements?
Cans are marked with a shelf-life of up to 24 months, dependent on the system being used.
10. How can we connect Eurapipe Duraflo ABS products to other thermoplastic or metal systems?
The system can be connected to other thermoplastic or metal systems easily by a flange joint, threaded connection, coupling or clamps.
11. What do you mean by R1.2D, or R2.D5 or R 4D as per the bend description?
R 1.2D refer to the radius of the bend equal to 1.2 times of bend OD diameter.
12. Can the factory made specialize design skids or pipe header?
Yes. We have done many special design for end users. Special test report can be issued to customer upon request.
13. Can I joint ABS to PVC-U?
This practice is not recommended. Temporary joints can be made in non-critical situations, provided that both systems are suitable for the application, (e.g. on a cold water system). Joints must be made strictly in accordance with recommendations. PVC-U solvent cement must be used.
14. What is AS/NZS 3518:2013 Standards?
AS/NZS 3518:2013 Specification for Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) compounds, pipes and fittings for
Scope: This Standard specifies the performance requirements for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) compounds (ABS 120, ABS 140 and ABS 160), pipes and fittings for the conveyance of liquids under pressure for applications above and below ground. The Standard contains dimensions for three ranges of pipe sizes, Series 1, Series 2 and Series 3. Series 1 and 3 pipes are compatible with ISO 161 size series diameters, Series 2 are cast iron compatible sizes in accordance with AS/NZS 2280.
15. What is the design life of Eurapipe Duraflo ABS System?
Eurapipe Duraflo ABS System have a design life of 50 years according to AS/NZS 3518:2013 Standards. This does not mean that the life of an ABS pipe system is limited to 50 years. It is an arbitrary time used for thermoplastic pipe materials that are used to extrapolate physical data to provide an equitable basis for comparison. No matter how old the ABS is the properties for instantaneous loading remain the same during its life of application. There are some services that have operated satisfactorily for over forty years with no deterioration in applicability.
ABS has been in service in exposed situations in coal preparation plants, power stations and sewage treatment plants in the UK, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand and Australia for over forty years. There appears to be no deterioration in properties.
16. Are Eurapipe Duraflo ABS System used for drinking water? Are they hygienic / healthy?
Eurapipe Duraflo ABS System can safely be used for drinking water. It is approved SIRIM according by BS and MS standards.
17. Should any precaution be taken for the installations at low temperatures?
At lower temperature of 200C and below, please ensure the surface of the pipe is moisture free.
18. Method of Eurapipe Duraflo ABS joined together?
The system can be joint together using solvent cement, flange connection or threaded connection.
19. Is joining of Eurapipe Duraflo pipe & fittings using the pvc glues recommended?
It is not recommended as the connection using glue cannot provide 50 years guarantee against leakages.
20. How is the chemical resistance of Eurapipe Duraflo ABS?
ABS has excellent chemical resistance, However it is important to consider both contained chemicals and the external environment when assessing the suitability of ABS. It is essential to check the following:
- Suitability of chemicals within the transfer material
- Ensure environment around ABS is controlled, so that no unspecified chemicals will come into contact with the pipe system
- Ensure everything that is in direct contact with the pipe system has been verified (for example pipe clips).
21. How is the pipe cutting recommended?
It is advised to use sharp cutting tools to cut the pipe and follow by chamfering. Also ensure the cutting edge is straight.
22. What should be done if somebody accidentally drills a hole on the pipe?
If it is a minor crack or nail or a drill hole you may use repair saddle the pipe. If the damaged part of the pipe is not concealed yet (before the pressure test is conducted), the recommended procedure is to cut out that part and replace it by a new part through normal welding of a socket.
23. How can the stressing of pipe be avoided?
Possible linear thermal expansion/contraction needs to be taken care during designing and installing. Stressing of pipes can be avoided by providing flexible free length and proper supports.
24. How can we test the Eurapipe ABS pipework?
Following installation and allowing the appropriate drying times, the suggested method of testing is to fill the mains with water ensuring that no air pockets remain, and carry out a hydrostatic pressure test up to 1.5 times the maximum working pressure (rated pressure) of the system. The pipework is then left pressurized for a period not exceeding 1 hour.
25. What is the Mitigation measure for water hammer?
The follow measure can utilize to reduce and migrate this above issues:
- Stronger pipework to withstand the pressure surge
- Rerouting piping
- Additional pipe supports
- Change of pipe material to one with a lower modulus (i.e. thermoplastic pipe materials)
- Flow control valve
- Air/Vacuum Release valves
- Intermediate check valves
- Non slam check valves
- Bypass valves
- Gas accumulators
- Liquid accumulators
- Surge tanks
- Surge shafts Surge anticipation valves
- Relief valves
- Bursting discs
- Weak pipe sections
- Increase diameter of pipeline to reduce average velocity
- Variable speed drives
- Soft starters
- Valve closure and opening times
- Increasing the inertia of pumps and motors (i.e. flywheels or by selection)
- Minimizing resonance hazards by additional supports
- Investment in more engineering
26. Do you offer installer training for your products?
Yes, we provide free of charge demonstrations on jointing methods and installation advice either on site or at customer’s premises. Furthermore, more detailed seminar presentations can be arranged for groups of consultants or contractors either at Eurapipe or at customer’s premises. Certificates of attendance will be provided to all attendees.